Thursday, September 17, 2009

September 17 – “WooHoo?”

I got a partial report on my day at the lab.  The blood tests all came back negative.  Everything was within normal ranges.  The one they were most concerned about had to do with the rheumatoid arthritis factor.  The lady who called said mine was a 5 and they didn't start worrying until it hit around 14.  I'm not sure whether to say, "WooHoo!" or "Oh, no."  Chris's comment was, "I wonder if it would have been different if you hadn't just had a round of steroids.  My thought matched Nathan's, "If it's not that, then what is it?"  They're supposed to call back again when the results of the MRI get in.  But the thing is, I recognize and understand that kind of pain.  It's the other kind that has me worried, and sleeping little, and hurting lots.  If it's all related to the back, then I can deal with that and understand what's happening.   But if it's something else, I'd kinda like to know.

 

I do still get pretty tired in the afternoons.  I'm sleepy right now.  But tonight is the first night back for home group.  So we are on with the gathering no matter what.  Chris is still in Bay City, though.  She's trying to get back before we start, but she doesn't need to hurry too much.  I plan to restart back where we looked at the Zechariah passage.

 

School went fine again.  With the college prep system, and the students choosing required and elective courses, we actually are going to school one period too long.  Scheduling is set up based on nine periods.  Graduation requirements can be met with just seven courses a semester (plus one period for lunch).  I wrote a letter today that I sent to the board for approval.  I'm recommending we let the high school kids leave after eighth period.  The younger guys will still go until 3:10, though, so we'll keep a study hall open so the older ones can stick around and do homework or get on the computers.

 

Zechariah 3:8-10 says, "'Listen, O high priest Joshua and your associates seated before you, who are men symbolic of things to come: I am going to bring my servant, the Branch. 9 See, the stone I have set in front of Joshua! There are seven eyes on that one stone, and I will engrave an inscription on it,' says the Lord Almighty, 'and I will remove the sin of this land in a single day.

10 "'In that day each of you will invite his neighbor to sit under his vine and fig tree,' declares the Lord Almighty."

 

Father, we're opening our vine and fig tree again tonight.  Please come.  Amen.


No comments: