Friday, September 11, 2009

September 11 – “Rheuma-what?”

 We left the house this morning around nine, and finally got back home a little before ten tonight.  That's a long day.

 

My appointment with the neurologist got things kicked off.  He did his normal exam, then I had to put on one of those great hospital gowns for a zapper test designed to see if any of my nerves are dead yet.  Those tiny little electrical jolts can hurt.  It wasn't as bad in my left leg as the right, but overall he said I didn't appear to have any neuropathy.  I thought that was a good thing until he said that basically meant that my back was probably getting worse.  I'm scheduled for an MRI on my back Tuesday. 

 

He wasn't done yet.  Seems that the pain that started in my joints last month and got so bad right before the steroids may be rheumatoid in nature.  I really don't know what all is involved in that, but it sure didn't sound like a good thing.  When I go for the MRI Tuesday I also have to go to their lab and have a blood test.  If that shows what he expects, then I have to go see a rheumatologist. 

 

In the meantime, he said I could take a celebrex twice a day.  By the time I got home tonight I was way past ready for one.  I hurt all over, but especially in the joints.

 

We got the church cleaned tonight.  It was the first cleaning after the first week of school, so it took quite a while.  The high school kids helped set up pews today, so that helped.  Speaking of the kids, I got word that they were pretty loud today.  Loud enough that the younger kids couldn't do their lessons.  It's my fault.  I didn't follow through on getting someone to be there while I was gone.  I'll have to see what we can do next week to make sure they have enough supervision. 

 

We went to WalMart tonight, too.  We still had to get the food for our Hallelujah Party tomorrow.  We planned to grill burgers, but it's supposed to rain literally all day again tomorrow.  So we got a brisket instead.  Meat's meat.  We have had several friends say they would be here tomorrow.  A lot more have emailed back with regrets and encouragement.  However many come, we'll be happy. 

 

Romans 12:2 says, "Do not conform any longer to the pattern of this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind. Then you will be able to test and approve what God's will is — his good, pleasing and perfect will."

 

Father, I want to be like you, not, well, like me.  Amen.


No comments: