Tuesday, September 22, 2009

September 22 – “Swine Flu … again”

 

Chris got her Dad to Houston by 7:00 this morning for his surgery.  He had to have a new pacemaker put in.  The one he had only had one lead on it, and he desperately needed two leads.  His heart can't do much of anything on its own any more.  Problem was, they didn't start the surgery until after 11.  He didn't get back to a room until sometime around 4:30.  That had to be a really long day for her Mom.  I hope she was able to nap somewhere.  I finally got a text from Chris at 6:30.  They found some kind of complication – a leak of some kind in the heart.  They are going to keep him overnight.  Chris had already decided to stay in Bay City tonight.  I guess she'll take her Mom home and go back in the morning.

 

School today had a few weird moments.  The science teacher didn't show up and didn't call anybody.  We didn't know what to do with his classes, so that became a little corner of chaos.   Come to find out, he emailed me at 7:20 this morning.  My bad.  I should have known.  He has his computer with him all the time.  He is sick today.  And he's not alone.  The sixth grader was home today with fever and muscle aches.  But the prize goes to our ninth grader.  His mom called to tell us that he had been to the doctor and had swine flu.  Now that opened a can of worms.  I had taken Mom to Luby's, so I wasn't there when the call came in.  But my secretary called me right away, asking if we were going to close down the school.  I told her to compose a letter to the parents and call the county health department to see what they recommended.  Tomorrow may be a long day of parent phone calls.

 

It started raining today.  I guess the change in weather affected this arthritis – or whatever it is – that I have.  My left elbow has been aching all day.  My wrists and knuckles hurt, too.  I hope somebody cancels an appointment with the rheumatologist so I can get in earlier.  I just want to know what's going on.

 

Hebrews 3:1 says. "Therefore, holy brothers, who share in the heavenly calling, fix your thoughts on Jesus, the apostle and high priest whom we confess."

 

Father, I want to stay focused on you.  Amen.


No comments: