Friday, September 4, 2009

September 4 – “Way-Back Machine”

 

So where in the world is that mystery computer program that automatically does scheduling for small schools with limited resources?  We need a cartoon world "Way-Back Machine" or a Harry Potter twisting time alarm clock.  We have ten high school students, five school periods, and four teachers that we are juggling right now.  My secretary has been amazing.  She worked on it for four hours today, and got closer than I ever did.  I'm going take one more shot at it, too, before we just go with the best we can.

 

I did the final two interviews today for the English teaching position.  I think we found the one.  I'm waiting for approval to make the offer.  She has great experience.  She already lives in Galveston.  She has a great, calm spirit, but obviously knows her stuff.  And her husband is a retired pastor and hospital chaplain, so she can't be all bad.  He even went to the same seminary I did.

 

Cailyn was here when I came home for lunch today.  Well, so was Nathan.  He was sick, though.  And she was on.  She had been playing with Nana all morning, so she had a "spoiling high" going.  It was really good to see her. 

 

Jachin and Micah and their parents went camping this weekend.  I'll have to pray for them.  Camping is evil.  Satan will be there.  At least they are going somewhere they can fish, even if it will be fresh water.  I don't even know where they are headed, but they came and got their poles.

 

That means we have dog-sitting duty this weekend.  That feels funny to say, since two of the three are our dogs anyway.  We are going to try to bring them home if we can, but our day tomorrow is already so swamped, I don't know if it will happen or not.  Maybe Sunday or Monday.

 

We're beginning to get a little stressed about our Hallelujah Party next Saturday.  Chris wants everything to be finished, in its proper place, and ready to show off.  Even the non-existent grass in the front yard and the fifty-foot tall trees we envision but haven't planted yet.  I'm just hoping to finish hanging pictures in the hall bathroom tonight.  That would be a small but significant accomplishment.

 

Steroid update … The pain is coming back as the dosage goes down.  So far it is not as severe, and I have no idea what that means.  I do welcome the relief of feeling tired and even occasionally sleepy.  I don't have time right now for mush-brain, though.  I kept drifting when I tried to balance the checkbook this afternoon.  Chris took me for a walk around Office Depot, though, and it balanced fine when we got home. 

 

Psalms 5:11-12 says, "But let all who take refuge in you be glad; let them ever sing for joy.  Spread your protection over them, that those who love your name may rejoice in you.  12 For surely, O Lord, you bless the righteous; you surround them with your favor as with a shield."

 

Father, I feel like I'm scrunching up under your cover right now.  Feels … helpless.  Feels … nice.  Amen.


No comments: