Friday, September 18, 2009

September 18 – “The Other One”

Today I sent home the letter with the students explaining the new daily schedule for high schoolers and how it differs from the younger guys.  I don't expect there to be any problems.  In fact this new schedule solves one thing right away.  We just have too many periods and not enough teaching segments to fill them.

 

I had a wedding rehearsal at four o'clock today, right after school.  The wedding is tomorrow afternoon at four on the beach at Pirate's Beach.  The couple has been together for awhile.  They already have two kids.  They found out in June they were pregnant again.  Then they found out in August that they are going to have triplets.  Boys.  They changed wedding plans drastically.  Instead of a huge San Luis Hotel affair, they are walking down to the beach from her mom's house.  While we were waiting for some of the wedding party to show up, she asked if I wanted to see the ultrasound of the babies.  I said sure, so she brought out a book.  There is one picture that is unbelievably clear.  Two of the babies are obviously in the same sac, so they are identical twins.  She pointed to that picture and proudly exclaimed, "See.  There's the twins, and there's the other one."  Poor "The Other One."  I hope he gets a real name before too much longer.

 

I heard from the neurologist again today.  They said the MRI showed not a whole lot of change from the one they did last year.  I asked why they thought I was still having pain and was there anything that could be done about it.  Of course all she did was take notes and say someone would get back with me.  Strangely enough someone called the house and talked to Chris.  They told he the doctor wanted me to see a rheumatologist.  He gave us two names to check out.  So we did the only sane thing to do in those circumstances.  We called Dr. Sue and asked her.  She recommended one of the names right away, so I called.  My appointment in on November 2.   But I'm on the waiting list in case someone cancels.

 

Jude 21 says, "Keep yourselves in God's love as you wait for the mercy of our Lord Jesus Christ to bring you to eternal life."

 

Father, I'm waiting.  Help me keep myself close to you.  Amen.

 

 


__________________________________________________
Do You Yahoo!?
Tired of spam? Yahoo! Mail has the best spam protection around
http://mail.yahoo.com

No comments: