Tuesday, November 7, 2023

November 7 - “The Pain Chronicles”


Boy, did I ever have a rough night-before-last-night.  After the fire I had a bowl of Chris’ chili. We watched a Hallmark movie together and went to bed about our usual time. I could tell right away, though, that it was going to be a restless night. Back already hurting. Exhausted from the fire experience. Late-night chili. Time change. Not the best combination for getting to sleep with ease. 


After a few attempts at getting comfortable, I grabbed a pillow and went on to the recliner so I wouldn’t bother Chris. I was having a little trouble breathing, probably because of all the smoke at the fire. Of course the biggest culprit was my back. It just refused to let me settle in, even after I moved. I guess the best way to put this is … I’m convinced that last back shot simply missed. Didn’t work at all. I’m pretty much back to where I was back before the first shot did hit the mark and gave me some relief. Guess I’ll live with it again for a few months until I see the pain doc again and we discuss the electrical stimulation implant. Or the neurosurgeon decides I need that rod insert in my back. Great options, huh?


I tried to get some sleep in yesterday afternoon while Chris took Sam to her radiation appointment. That didn’t work so well. On a positive note, though, I did get the jigsaw puzzle almost done. Chris will finish it off soon, as usual. Here’s praying things will settle down and get better. 


Colossians‬ ‭4‬:‭6‬ says, Let your conversation be always full of grace, seasoned with salt, so that you may know how to answer everyone.


Father, I really could do with some regular sleep. Amen. 

No comments: