Friday, November 10, 2023

November 10 - “A potential overlap of vehicle necessities”


Our day had a rather rude start to it. The power suddenly went out. No advance warning or anything. I called the power company, and they seemed to think I should have received notice about it. Nope. It came back on after an hour or so, but we had no idea why it went off in the first place. 


When the power came back on and our land line came on with it, we found out that the power company had left us a message. “Your power is out.” Then a second message. “Your power is back on.” Thanks, guys. 


While the power was out, we decided to make a quick run over to Walmart. Needed to see if any truck batteries were in the shipment that finally came in. Nope. Three huge pallets and not one carried the battery we needed. Great. Meanwhile, I finally figured out how to check other stores’ stocks on our Walmart app. Didn’t help. Closest store that had one? Friendswood or Kemah. Nope. Guess we’ll just wait it out. Oh, but Chris was able to get some cookies for home group last night. And that’s a good thing. 


Sam was supposed to have another radiation appointment in the afternoon. But I had to pick up my hearing aid from the shop and send in my other one for repairs. That posed a potential overlap of vehicle necessities, since the truck is battery-less. Fortunately, we have an awesome neighbor across the street. Corey let me borrow his car. I got my right side hearing aid back and left my left one with them for the same factory makeover before the warranty runs out. Should be back in two weeks. Right. We’ll see. 


Last night we were back at it for home group. Still wading through 1 Samuel and the life of David. 


Finally, I’m trying to get my appointment with the neurosurgeon moved up closer than the scheduled December 8th. I’m having some really “uncomfortable” days … and nights. 


Hebrews‬ ‭4‬:‭16 says, Let us then approach God’s throne of grace with confidence, so that we may receive mercy and find grace to help us in our time of need.


Father, it would sure be helpful if I could get a sooner appointment. Meanwhile, I’ll be hanging in there … here. Amen. 

No comments: