Tuesday, November 28, 2023

November 28 - “It’s cold again!”


The fire department/EMS made a return visit to our neighbor’s house yesterday. At least this time it was during the day. I went out to chat with the fire fighters after they completed their part in assessing the situation and assisting the ambulance crew. We stood in the front yard and soon came to the same conclusion. It was mighty cold!  Wind chill was in the thirties. Aaarrgh. 


Needless to say, we spent a good deal of the day indoors. Some of that indoors involved the innards of Walmart and Randall’s, though. I had a few prescriptions to pick up at Randall’s, and we needed to replenish a load of goodies after our Thanksgiving feasting with family. It was good to see Daryl from church as well as Pedrameh from home group. Gotta love Walmart. 


I had a phone call from the hospital while I was at Walmart. They wanted me to pay my co-pay “so the nurses can then be freed up to call you and get you your surgery time and arrival time.”  Huh. Sounded like my surgery was being held hostage for ransom. I assured them I would call as soon as I got back from Walmart. 


Speaking of surgery … Today is my CT scan in preparation for the back surgery next week. I dread the scan more than the surgery. I have to lie flat on my back for the scan. At least for the surgery I’ll be asleep. 


‭‭1 Peter‬ ‭4‬:‭10‬ says, Each of you should use whatever gift you have received to serve others, as faithful stewards of God’s grace in its various forms.


Father, please help these CT techs run a really fast test today. Amen. 

No comments: