Saturday, November 11, 2023

November 11 - “Why, Walmart?”


Errand morning. We went to Randall’s for gas and pineapples. I know. Those two are not generally mentioned in the same sentence.  But … the pineapples were on sale, 2 for $3.00. And we needed to fill up with gas for our quick trip to Waco today. We are going for AnnaGrace’s birthday party and Luke and Caleb’s piano recital. Leaving early this morning and returning late Sunday. Woohoo!


Next we went to Walmart, of course.  Bananas, of course. Oh, and ice cream. And some cooked chicken. We did check on truck batteries. Nope. We also did a little Christmas shopping. That’s where it got interesting. The item we wanted I scanned using the trusty Walmart app. But when we checked out, they said that was the online-only price. So we left it with them and came on home. 


Back here, I placed the order on line, and lo and behold … there was an option to pick it up at the store in about 2 and a half hours. Well, ok. That sounded like fun. I clicked on that button. And there it was. Order placed. 


It got even stranger. By the time we drove home and started a sandwich, I got a text saying the order was ready. Then I got an e-mail from them attesting to the same thing. I wasn’t sure how to use the app, but after some trial and error I figured it out. I drove back up to the pickup parking slots, entered in the code, and they brought me the very same item that I was holding in my hands not even an hour before. Why, Walmart?


Titus‬ ‭3‬:‭4‬-‭5 says, But when the kindness and love of God our Savior appeared, he saved us, not because of righteous things we had done, but because of his mercy. He saved us through the washing of rebirth and renewal by the Holy Spirit,


Father, please give us a safe journey these next few days. Amen. 

No comments: