Wednesday, November 15, 2023

November 15 - “the sinking dream hole”


Well, that was a strange night. Night before last I had a dream that I was hunched over under our deck stairs, raking dirt into a hole. And the hole refused to be filled in. It was like it was sinking. No matter how much dirt I raked, the hole was still there. Weird. 


But maybe all that effort explained why I had a very restless night sleep-wise. My back just wouldn’t allow me to get comfortable. I made it through in the bed until 4, then I gave in and got up. I had some fruit, then settled into my desk chair to try for some more zzz’s. 


Later, I got the jigsaw puzzle down to a manageable number so Chris  could finish it up.  One more down. Still a few more to go in our stack. 


The ladies left as usual for Sam’s radiation appointment. I was left behind. This time I used the opportunity to watch some random action movie I found on Netflix. I’m pretty sure I stayed awake for all of it, but now I don’t even remember the name of it. 


Chris made some of her famous chicken and dumplings for supper. Great hot and tasty meal for a cold night. After supper we watched a few episodes of a baking show, then Sam departed for her bedroom. Chris and I watched a sequel of a Hallmark movie. Even the sequels don’t change the storyline all that much. 


Proverbs‬ ‭10‬:‭17 says, Whoever heeds discipline shows the way to life, but whoever ignores correction leads others astray.


Father, thank you for the sleep that I do get each night. It’s nice. Amen. 

No comments: