Thursday, November 2, 2023

November 2 - “Turning the page”


 Chris turned the page. Nothing symbolic here or anything. She just turned the page on her big calendar. It’s November. Yikes! We spent some time together adding events to November. It’s already filling up, so if you want in … better let us know in a hurry. 


To celebrate the new month, I joined Chris for the first mile of her walk. I’m slowly trying to reincorporate some exercise in my diet. My back did growl at me, though. I’m still hoping that it will ease up over time so I won’t have to move to the next level and get a back zapper. 


We stayed around the house the rest of the day, just staying warm. I did some work on the jigsaw puzzle. Chris watered all her plants. Sam hung around watching TV for a while after lunch, then headed back to her room. All in all, a pretty calm day. It was nice, after all the Halloween craziness the night before. 


We all even came together again last night. Not just for supper, although Chris’ chicken and dumplings were the perfect meal for this cold weather. After supper we stayed up to watch what became the last game of the so-called World Series. I say “so-called” because the actual World Series took place between the Rangers and the Astros. Great series there. Oh, by the way, the Rangers won last night, if you haven’t heard. Keepin’ that championship trophy in the Lone Star State. 


Proverbs‬ ‭11‬:‭25‬ says, A generous person will prosper; whoever refreshes others will be refreshed.


Father, thanks for the chance to be warm and cozy. It’s nice. Amen. 

No comments: