Monday, November 20, 2023

November 20 - “Another reunion”


Lots going on after church yesterday. It was dinner on the grounds, first of all. So everyone got their reward before they had to work. Great food as usual, of course. Kel presented a budget document for next year. No vote. Just checking it out. 


After lunch a hearty crew stuck around for the preliminary round of getting the church ready for Christmas decorating and Bethlehem Street Market. A few trees made appearances. Lots of bunks were relocated up in the retreat center. And decorations were set up for application next week. 


While all that was going on, I took Sam to her house. She was hoping for another reunion with her cat. She also wanted to check over some more of her stuff. 


Sure enough, I had barely let go of the wheelchair when her cat popped out of the bedroom and started meowing. This would be the feline that doesn’t really like most people. Well …. That must be people who are not as special as this guy. Either that or she could sense I didn’t really like cats, so being the tricky beast she is, she came right to me and virtually demanded that I pick her up. I did so, and quickly handed her to Sam.  Then, I don’t know which one of them was purring the loudest. I think they had a good reunion and subsequent visit. 


Joshua‬ ‭1‬:‭8‬ ‭says, Keep this Book of the Law always on your lips; meditate on it day and night, so that you may be careful to do everything written in it. Then you will be prosperous and successful.


Father, thank you that Sam got to hang out with her cat. I think they both needed it. Amen. 

No comments: