Tuesday, November 14, 2023

November 14 - “Turkey Day??”


We braved the rain yesterday. The really cold rain. Definitely winter/rainy season here on the Island. 


It was Turkey Day. No. I haven’t become so confused that I thought yesterday was Thanksgiving Day. But it was indeed a day for turkeys. We had to buy the last five of our turkeys that we will fry next Tuesday. That brings our total to eight. There may be another one. We’ll see next week. Some will go to family dinner, of course. Some will go to the fire stations. Some we will freeze and use throughout the year. Amazingly enough, Walmart actually had the exact right size we were looking for. It’s easier to fry when the birds are about 13-15 pounds. Oh, and we ended up saving $13. By checking prices, we found out that Randall’s actually beat Walmart on the big box jugs of cooking oil by no less than six dollars! Two boxes was $12. Then we got gas there and saved enough on points to equal another dollar. Good day. 


Chris took Sam to her radiation treatment again. She’s about halfway done. I stayed home and worked on the old Grandpa puzzle. It’s coming along. You know how us Old Grandpas are. We’re kinda slow. 


They stopped at Cracker Barrel on the way home and brought back some supper. I had meatloaf and mashed potatoes. Good stuff. 


Last night we just crashed in front of a Great American Christmas movie. Sounds weird not saying “Hallmark” in that slot, doesn’t it? Basically the same stuff. More conservative approach to content. I like that. 


Psalms‬ ‭25‬:‭5 says, Guide me in your truth and teach me, for you are God my Savior, and my hope is in you all day long.


Father, thanks for keeping us all safe in the cold, rainy weather. Amen. 

No comments: