Tuesday, September 5, 2023

September 5 - “Well, Labor Day …”

Well, Labor Day. In Galveston that means holiday weekend coming to a close, so traffic, traffic, traffic. Great day to stay at home, actually. 


But I needed to make a hospital visit first thing. A friend from the Austin area texted and asked if I could stop by and see her mom. Mom had had a stroke, and was facing some serious recovery and rehab. She seemed to recognize me, at least after I told her who I was, just to make sure. And when I prayed, she squeezed my hand and pulled it tightly against her face. She has a long road ahead of her. 


From the hospital I stopped at four of the six fire stations to check in and just chat for a while. As always, it was great to see the guys and hear how their lives have been progressing. 


I had to send out an email I’ve been putting off. Plumber. Yep. After washing a load of clothes and running the dishwasher, there was that telltale gurgle in the bottom of the shower. Sewer backing up once again. I didn’t wait any longer. I sent the email that we were ready to get on the schedule for the replacement line. I also asked if they offered any kind of payment plan. Hey. Couldn’t hurt to ask, right?  


‭‭2 Timothy‬ ‭2‬:‭15 says, Do your best to present yourself to God as one approved, a worker who does not need to be ashamed and who correctly handles the word of truth.


Father, please be with Alana and her doctors in the coming days. And watch over our fire fighter family. Amen. 

No comments: