Wednesday, September 13, 2023

September 13 - “Nastier and nastier …”

We headed in two different directions yesterday.  At least for a while. Chris had to head East. It was time for her follow-up blood work after starting the hormone therapy. She sees that doc next week. 


Meanwhile, I headed West. I hung out at the church while Kel was in a meeting. All I did was read a few chapters in my latest book and try not to fall asleep. Pure excitement. 


Speaking of excitement … last night around 5:30 or so, Chris was finishing up doing the dishes. All of a sudden she cried out, “oh, no!”  


Now it wouldn’t have mattered what manner of information followed such a remark. It was not going to be good. And I was right. Not good. The sink was backing up with gross black water. Not again. 


I did what any self-respecting husband would do. Well, on second thought, I don’t know about self-respect being involved. Just nastiness. 


First I did a little plunging, just for fun. Nastier and nastier. Still clogged. I got my wrench and crawled under the sink. Unscrewed the trap. Nastier and nastier. Stinky black water and large chunks of semi-gelatinous matter spewed out, filling the bucket I had under there. Nastier and nastier. Unscrewed the clean out cap. That tunnel was completely blocked with full-on black, stinky jello. Like the amazing husband I am, I stuck  my finger in there and pulled out what I could get to. Nastier and nastier. It looked sort of clean. As far as I could reach, anyway. Nasty but cleaner. I screwed the pipes back together and had Chris turn the water on. Nope. Still stopped up. Guess our new plumber will get yet another call from their most recent frequent flier.  Sigh … This whole ordeal has been … nastier and nastier. 


But first … we are headed to the hospital. Noa is having her adenoids removed today. Gotta go do some “Nana and DadDad-in’”.  


‭‭1 John‬ ‭4‬:‭19 says, We love because he first loved us.


Father, please be with Noa today. Grant her your calm. And be with her surgeon. Give him sure hands and a wise mind. Amen. 

No comments: