Monday, September 4, 2023

September 4 - “Sixteen legs”

Now that’s not a bad night’s sleep for me. I woke up briefly at around 3:30, but not because my back was hurting. I think it was holdover habit my body had developed from being awakened around then for so long. I was able to get back to sleep fairly easily. Stayed under until 5:30. Haven’t done that in a while. 


The LaMarque Vaughan clan stopped by on their way to church to drop off their dog. That made four of the four-legged variety of critter. That’s sixteen canine legs running around here. We had two of Nathan’s and Freddy is still holding down the fort, of course. 


Church was packed out. Lots of people in town for the holiday, I guess. And to top it off, there was a really large group from a Korean church in the retreat center. And they were having a worship service in their language, so the parking lots were all pretty full. 


The LaMarque-ers came over after church for a Sunday Afternoon Day Before Labor Day Extravaganza. Actually, Kel grilled some chicken for fajitas. Good stuff. 


And while they were here, my two assistants, Noa and Josiah, managed to finish the most recent jigsaw puzzle. And as I had begun to fear, alas, it had two pieces missing. We looked high and low, under the couch, under the rug, even in the pockets of clothes I might have been wearing while I worked on it. Oh, well. It happens. I checked the company complaint policy online. I can answer everything except sending a photo of the receipt. It was a gift for my most recent birthday. I may try anyway. Worst that could happen? Rejection. Not something I worry much about these days. 


Psalms‬ ‭100‬:‭4 says, Enter his gates with thanksgiving and his courts with praise; give thanks to him and praise his name.


Father, please be with Alana as she deals with the aftermath of her stroke. And give her daughters peace in the midst of it as well. Amen. 

No comments: