Tuesday, June 30, 2009

June 30 – “Night Vision”

 

This morning I played interim headmaster.  I put together a mailing list so we could send out a letter to returning students.  Had to go through every student's file to get an address and phone number.  I have it in my computer now, though.  And my secretary is great, so she will take care of the actual mailing.

 

It was Luby's day today – and everybody came.  I think it was the first time that all the Galveston Kelley Vaughan family was together at Luby's.  The Christian cashier and I praised God for families.  She is determined to change the next generation in her family.  Her generation was very much separated from family.  So she is seeing to it that her kids do things together with family as much as possible.  You can only do what you can do within the realm that God has placed you. 

 

This afternoon we did get some house stuff done.  I put in the last three door stops to keep them from smashing into the wall.  That was exciting because it meant we could throw away the old Mr. Coffee box that has been sitting behind the front door since we moved in.  I changed the shower head in the hall bathroom to one of those hooked to a five-foot long snake.  Makes it easier for Mom. 

 

I changed out a burned out fuse in the truck.  Now I can see the instrument panel at night.  At least I think I can.  I haven't tested it at night.  All that darkness makes it interesting trying to see how fast I'm going.  Last night I held my cell phone up to see how fast I was going, then set the cruise control.  It certainly gave new meaning to the term "Night Vision."

 

The back door lock guy didn't show up again.  But the Pot O Gold people did.  We're back to just a two bathroom house again.  I'm going to miss that big hunk of yellowness in the front yard.

 

Chris decided to paint an old shelf we have had in the backyard.  I think it came from Mom's garage.  While she did that I set up the tool box I got from Sears.  I really did feel like a kid at Christmas.  It meant that I could start putting away some of the tools I've been cleaning.  Of course that means I'll also have to start cleaning up the back yard more.  I found out that I have at least four more buckets with tools in them.  I don't know what shape they are in.  I ended up helping Chris finish the second coat on her painting project.  She was feeling sick.  I think it was just the paint fumes.

 

Hebrews 2:11-12 says, "Both the one who makes men holy and those who are made holy are of the same family. So Jesus is not ashamed to call them brothers."

Father, thank you for not being ashamed of me.  It amazes me to think I'm in your family.  Amen.


No comments: