Wednesday, July 1, 2009

July 1 – “Ultimate Bowl-Be”

 

Today is July.  This is usually the time when I start wondering if our youth pastor has done everything he needs to do for camp.  I know I don't have to worry about that any more, but I can't help it.  I did for too long, I guess.  Sounds like we have a big group going again this year.  God always does amazing things around camp.  I'm getting a little excited.

 

Just a little I guess because we have so much still to do around here.  That and I know Chris is worried about her Mom.  She has a doctor's appointment next week that will determine whether or not Chris even gets to go to camp. 

 

We brought Chris's shelf into the house.  She won't put anything on it until tomorrow, though.  She wants to make sure it dries, since she had to touch it up after I put the shelves in.  I though it looked "distressed" like on Trading Spaces, but she painted it anyway.  Nathan didn't recognize it, and it came from "his" garage.  We also put up a big shelf in the sewing room.  I had to wade through a lot of stuff in the backyard to get to the pieces.  They were buried under one of the tarps we had spread out to protect against rain.  Sure haven't needed them.  No rain in a long time down here. 

 

Tonight at church we discovered what is certainly destined to become the next hottest craze world-wide – "Ultimate Bowl-Be."  The "Be" of course refers to Bean, Noggin, you know, your Head.  The sort of round thing on top of your shoulders.  It's a great game.  Very simple.  No rules to speak of.  Someone just tosses a bowl into the air and someone else tries to catch it – on their head – without using hands.  Houston found it best to use his face.  Cory made an incredible long distance catch.  Kelly finally made a catch after watching several attempts slide slowly from around her ears.  I sense a new camp favorite at the very least.

 

Matthew 10:29-31 says, "Are not two sparrows sold for a penny? Yet not one of them will fall to the ground apart from the will of your Father. 30 And even the very hairs of your head are all numbered. 31 So don't be afraid; you are worth more than many sparrows."

 

Father, thanks for watching out for our heads when we do goofy stuff like Ultimate Bowl-Be.  Amen.


No comments: