Wednesday, July 22, 2009

July 22 – “Sorting the books”

                 

I decided when I woke up today that I would not do any headmaster stuff until this afternoon.  Instead I sorted the books that have been given to me, and put them into order on the shelves we just bought.  It took a lot longer than I thought it would.  I'm excited about using them now, though.  I kind of know where they are. 

 

Mom and I went to Sonic for lunch.  Chris was still with her mom.  She had an appointment to have a biopsy done on a spot on her tongue and throat.  She did the one on her tongue, but she refused the throat one.  She said it didn't hurt bad enough to have a tube crammed down there.

 

I started the headmaster stuff when we finished lunch.  I have been working on creating a degree plan for each high school student that can be transferred into a transcript.  I haven't been able to find all the grades I needed though.  I finally emailed the old headmaster and he told me how to get into the file in Windows Vista.  Just as I expected, it was disgustingly easy when you know how. 

 

Chris was on the road when Mom and I left for church tonight.  There were ten kids plus me and Mom.  We swapped horror stories about who was sick with the flu, swine or otherwise.  Some of us are just feeling drained.  That's me.  I feel like it's just beneath the service waiting to jump out and grab me.  One of the students passed out today and scared his family pretty badly.  He's OK, but he was dehydrated, and needed two IV bags.  There were a lot of messages on the answering machine, both from prospective teachers and students.  That'll give me more to do tomorrow in between my teacher interview and refiguring grade point averages.  Maybe one of those phone messages was from the person who will be the next principal.  I sure hope so.  I salute those people who hold down two full time jobs.

 

Psalms 46:10 says, "Be still, and know that I am God; I will be exalted among the nations, I will be exalted in the earth."

 

Father, that's what I want – what I need – to be still.  Help me to be still when my circumstances are screaming and my body is groaning.  Amen.


No comments: