Friday, July 3, 2009

July 3 – “Happy Nathan’s Birthday”

 

Today we had another big Vaughan family of Galveston lunch day.  It was a combination birthday celebration for Christina, Micah, and Nathan.  Today is Nathan's actual day, though.  We had chicken enchilada pie – a Chris masterpiece – for the main course.  Then we had a frozen cheesecake as well as some warm chocolate brownies (from April) for the cake and dessert part.  It was a sweet end to the meal.  I then fell asleep holding my empty plate and fork in my hand.  Dropped my fork in my lap.  I thought I got away with it, but Chris and Nathan both saw me.  Happy Nathan's Birthday to me.

 

Before everybody got here I did more Seaside Christian Academy work.  I'm trying to develop a more specific teacher application document.  Our good friends at Bay Area Christian School sent me a copy of the one they use.  I used it and the generic one we had to create another one.  Now all we need is a prospective teacher to fill one out. 

 

Sam came by this afternoon.  Her neighbor was going to share some fish, but he wasn't home.  She still had to go to WalMart, so she came on over.  She seemed to approve of the house as it stands so far.  She kept referring to things I had put in the blog.  WooHoo.  Someone else reads it.

 

I had to go over to Kel and Christina's this evening.  They went to an event with Christina's family in Houston, so we had to take care of the dogs – ours and theirs.   It won't be long until we can bring Fritz and Heidi back home.  We need the side storm door put on.  It has the dog door in it.  We need an interior gate.  Chris doesn't want them to go any farther into the house than the sewing room.  We need to get rid of the diesel in the back yard.  That means I have to get moving on cleaning those tools.  Chris has been going through the boxes of stuff in the yellow room.  It's kind of surprising how much stuff got boxed up by all our helpers.  I hope a lot of it is OK, even if it's just sentimental nicnacs.  Looks like several of the boxes are full of Chris' Precious Moments figurines.  That's very exciting.  I also saw some boxes of books.   That'll be another chore – going through those to see how many are OK.  We're not done yet.

 

1 John 2:3-6 says, "We know that we have come to know him if we obey his commands. 4 The man who says, 'I know him,' but does not do what he commands is a liar, and the truth is not in him. 5 But if anyone obeys his word, God's love is truly made complete in him. This is how we know we are in him: 6 Whoever claims to live in him must walk as Jesus did."

 

Father, I want your love to be complete in me worse than I want everything about this house to be complete.  Amen.


No comments: