Sunday, July 12, 2009

July 12 – “I’m a Nut”

 

It looks like I'll be doing good to get a verse or two of our camp song written each night.  Won't be much else, if that.

 

I'm an acorn, small and round

Lying on the cold, hard ground

Everyone walks over me

That is why I'm cracked, you see

 

Chorus: I'm a nut.  I'm a nut.  I'm a nut.  I'm a nut.  I'm a nut.

 

Called my self on the telephone

Just to see if I was home

Asked me out for a little date

Picked me up about half past eight                      Chorus

 

Took me out to the movie show

Stayed too late and said let's go

Took my hand and led me out

Drove me home and gave a shout                                    Chorus

 

Marcus led the trailer crew

Load it up, that's what they do

Hugged and cried and drove away

Poor Mama Chris she had to stay                         Chorus

 

What's that from the parking lot?

Across the street we stopped a spot

Check the trailer, came the roar

Marcus left wide open the back door                   Chorus

 

Picked up Demi, Kristan, too

Next stop Huntsville, well, woo hoo!

Let's talk Demi, we're best buds

But not 'bout cramps or periods                           Chorus

 

What's that noise that I can hear?

The voice machine makes chipmunks clear

Concert's on, don't need a "tick-ed"

Lora, Miranda, and Syd, you're "swick-ed"        Chorus

 

Anne's a driver – for us she's new

She's got lead down in her shoe

In Lubbock we met with Church Louise

Mike said, "Make friends, won't you, please?"  Chorus

 

Father, we give you this week.  Do your work.  Amen.


No comments: