Saturday, July 11, 2009

July 11 – “’Twas the night before camp …”

 

 

We started the day today by finishing the task of putting together the bookcases that were delivered last night.  And it was a task.  It wasn't hard at all.  Just time consuming.  In fact Chris and Mom had to leave me here to finish up so they could get to Micah's birthday party.  I wasn't far behind them, even after Nathan called from work, I took a quick shower, and on the way I stopped at the bank.  I got there before April did, so I didn't feel quite so bad.

 

The party was fun.  He turned three.  It was a Mickey Mouse theme.  They played pin the ears on Mickey and find Pluto's bones.  The hot dogs were hot, the cake was sweet, and the ice cream was cold.  I fell asleep in one of their really comfortable chairs and woke up when Christina put a party hat on my head.

 

We made a Target run to check out some curtains, and Chris actually bought them.  They are now hanging in the office.  She wants to add some white one as well (these are green).  It's starting to look like someone lives here.  At least in some rooms. 

 

I started emptying boxes of books now that we have a place to put them.  I went through what was salvaged, the books given to me right after the storm, and the books Tyrone brought by.  The shelves are filling up quickly.  It's been a long time since I have been surrounded by books.  It feels good.

 

Today has been pretty full.  In fact it's now officially the night before camp.  I don't know if we'll be able to get internet service at camp, so the next issue of the blog may come sometime after next Sunday when we get back.  And it might take the form of the "I'm a Nut" song I write for the kids each year.  I'll try.  We had family worship awhile ago thinking Mom was ready to go to bed, but she is still up.  I showed Chris how to grind coffee beans in the neat little grinder Mr. Ken gave us when he visited.  I just finished packing.  My stuff is by the front door, uke and all.  But it still doesn't seem just right with Chris not going.  I have been to plenty of camp weeks without her, but that was years ago when our boys were too little.  I forgot what that felt like.  It's going to be a great week.  God is going to do great things.  I'll have a good time.  And a part of me will be back here with Chris.  That's the way it should be.  I love her.

 

Ephesians 5:25-29 says, "Husbands, love your wives, just as Christ loved the church and gave himself up for her 26 to make her holy, cleansing  her by the washing with water through the word, 27 and to present her to himself as a radiant church, without stain or wrinkle or any other blemish, but holy and blameless. 28 In this same way, husbands ought to love their wives as their own bodies. He who loves his wife loves himself."

 

Father, watch over Chris while we are apart.  Give her the strength she needs to deal with her mother dealing with end of life issues this week.  Amen.


No comments: