Monday, July 6, 2009

July 6 – “dvd – PLUS”

Tonight I spent backing up picture files from our old desktop computer.  That's the one that crashed last week, but Ned came through and nursed it back to a fragile health.  Fragile enough that I was told to "Back up those pictures!"  It's taking forever.  Our computer has a DVD writer on it, but I bought the wrong kind of DVD's.  They are supposed to have a plus sign and these have a minus.  So now I'm doing it on regular CD's.  They each hold about 700 mg.  The DVD's hold over 4 gigs.  Like I said.  It's taking awhile.  I finally stopped for the night so I could type something and get some sleep.

I got a haircut today.  I've been saving up so it would be fairly short at camp.  It gets so thick that it takes forever to dry, so I get it cut right before camp every year.  I trimmed my beard short, too.  Same reason.

We went to Penney's to buy a big rug.  Of course they didn't have any in stock.  But at least Chris found one she liked and we ordered it.  It will be here Thursday.  It's one of those braided things.  We had one when we first got married.  I guess we're being nostalgic.  Mom went with us.  She insisted that she be allowed to be a part of buying something for "our" house.  She wanted to do some heavy duty shopping.

We also set up one of those plastic shelves in the laundry room.  We put the games that we salvaged there.  Several versions of Trivial Pursuit made it.  The Galveston version of Monopoly made it, but the actual real Monopoly didn't.  As in the rest of the house, the games stored up high came through.  We also moved the toys into the sewing room.  Now they are out of the office and we are in waiting mode for bookcases. 

No calls or workers on the house today.  The back door lock guy is officially one full week late.  We didn't call our contractor yet.  But we did go through our punch out list again, so we are ready for him.  Light switches, storm doors, back door lock, hang the closet door, house for the fireplace.  Does the list ever go away?

Matthew 24:35 says, "Heaven and earth will pass away, but my words will never pass away."

 

Father, some things I really want to pass away.  Not you.  I need you.  Amen.


No comments: