Thursday, July 9, 2009

July 9 – “The Swarm”

 

I was going to head out to the church first thing this morning to get some of the Seaside Christian Academy files.  I need to develop a degree plan of sorts for the students so I'll know what I need to order for next semester curriculum-wise.  Before I could get out the door our contractor called to let me know the electricians were on their way over.  They arrived while I was talking to him.  He also said the back door lock guy was supposed to come.  He said he would try to send his guys over tomorrow to hang the closet door and the storm doors and maybe get the little house built for the fireplace.

 

Well, the electricians swarmed the house.  At least that's what it felt like.  I think there were only three of them, but it seemed like every time we turned around they were standing there.  The head guy kept trying to tell us the switches were OK, but then I would touch it and the light would flicker or go out completely.  So he would point to one of his guys and say in Spanish, "Change it."  At least I hope that's what he said.  Nevertheless, that's what they did.  By the time I went into every room and played with light switches, they changed every light switch in the house.

 

The back door lock guy came back with some professional installers of back doors.  And they didn't fix it.  They said they have to order a major part, so it will take at least a week to get here.  They did leave a really nice level here, though.  It's taller than I am. 

 

Tyrone brought over about ten boxes of books.  And a lot of them were books I used to have before Ike.  It was like Christmas again.  Some of them will make their way to Seaside Christian Academy, too.  Now we really need some bookcases.  The ones we ordered from Home Depot should be here tomorrow between 4:30 and 6:30.  Tyrone has some as well.  We are to call him after camp and set up a time to come get them.  I'll wait for when Nathan is able to help.

 

We were invited to the Astros game with Kel and Christina and the boys.  But we couldn't go.  I had to go to a Seaside Christian Academy board meeting.  The meetings go really well, though.  They are putting together the student handbook.  I have to create a baseline staff policy manual for the Thursday we get back.  Then they'll have something else to start on.

 

I had a supper at McAlister's Deli date with Chris.  It was just the two of us.  Really romantic, right?  We saw Duane and Mary from church there.  It just proved what we learned long ago.  You always have to be careful.  You never know who you will see out in public.

 

 

I just got a call from a good friend in Arlington.  His next door neighbor is having a garage sale, so he was checking to see what we needed.  All I could think of other than bookcases was a dresser for our bedroom.  He's going to go over tomorrow and check out the merchandise.  He'll let us know.

 

Hebrews 13:1-2 says, "Keep on loving each other as brothers. 2 Do not forget to entertain strangers, for by so doing some people have entertained angels without knowing it."

 

Father, you have placed some pretty special angels in our life.  Some of them we even got to talk to.  Thanks.


No comments: