Friday, June 26, 2009

June 26 – “Doors”


I had a chance to do some more cleaning of tools today. My body felt like I got a lot done, but there sure are a lot still left to do. Our doors showed up today. The front door, the side door, and the door between the garage and house. They are all made of fiberglass and took the owner of the paint company doing the staining himself to get them done right. And they are done right. They look amazing. It is so good to finally have a full seal around the doors. That can only help our electric bill.



Tonight I had two different rehearsals for the two weddings I have tomorrow. They both have one of the best wedding coordinators the San Luis Hotel has to offer. The first rehearsal was very laid back. They plan to wear Hawaiian shirts and sandals for the wedding. The whole rehearsal lasted about fifteen minutes. After that one I went to the rehearsal dinner of the second one. It was held before the actual rehearsal, and it was on the beach. They served sandwiches or you could roast your own hot dog or make smores over a grill they had set up. The bride's mother was great fun. I have talked to her on the phone several times over the last year. This wedding was supposed to take place right about the time Ike was coming ashore, so it was postponed. The mom kept in touch with us, and even had her school kids (she's a teacher) collect pennies for us. It was good to finally meet her. The bride's Dad is a baseball umpire, so we had something in common there. Anyway, when we finally walked back across the seawall to the rehearsal, I found out that there was a videographer involved. Not usually a good sign. Sure enough, he was changing the coordinator's placements and telling the bride and groom where to stand. He even told me he would put a piece of tape down to show me where to put the front of my feet. Right. This is going to be an interesting wedding.



Revelation 22:17 says, "The Spirit and the bride say, 'Come!' And let him who hears say, 'Come!' Whoever is thirsty, let him come; and whoever wishes, let him take the free gift of the water of life."



Father, be with these couples getting married tomorrow. Amen.


No comments: