Tuesday, June 16, 2009

June 16 – “Taylor’s Day”


Vacation Bible School was on tap again this morning. Chris left at 6:26 to take her Mom to the doctor, so it was me and the other three girls today. Taylor and Cheyenne and I left for VBS, with a quick stop at the house to drop off the tool kit and chain saw. We needed the room in the truck. The painters and the floor guys were already at work. We have interior doors. Except for the yellow room, which is too full of boxes to reach the closet, and the blue room, which only has one closet door. The other one is apparently in intensive care to get it to the darker color that will match the rest of the doors. I talked to the head floor guy on the phone and asked him if he could find us some of the grout sealer he recommended. He said he would call me back with a price, but he hasn't yet.



While the girls were in Bible School I borrowed two of the visiting teenagers and had them help me locate a donated dresser in our storage garage and move it to our bedroom. Later this afternoon I also put together Mom's bed. I had to strategically place some wood glue on the footboard. I started cleaning the mirror that attaches to the dresser, but it didn't take long to realize that it needed some wood glue as well. It also needs a new back. The old one was some kind of cardboard. It's going to take some serious "fixin."



After VBS we had a date with Mom for Luby's. It's Tuesday. The girls were really hungry, so they both ate well, but I sure reinforced the well known fact that I am not in any shape, form, or fashion much of a Mom. I couldn't keep up with helping all three of my charges. Chris, come home!



We made it through the meal without too much trouble, and headed back to Omega Bay for some fishing. It was extremely hot, but the girls said they wanted to give it a try. They strapped on their sunhats and sunglasses and grabbed a pole. Not much action most of the time we were out. Then, all of a sudden, Taylor's hook disappeared. "Oh, I think I got a good one, Uncle Kelley!" And was she ever right. After a pretty good battle between the little Zebco reel and whatever was under the water, she finally dragged her prize to the surface – a very nice sized speckled trout. That sure revitalized them. They were ready to stay out for another hour. We did stay a few more minutes, but little did they know … historically at Omega Bay, you only catch one fish per outing. I got it cleaned and stored in the fridge so Aunt Chris can cook it this week. Taylor's streak of good luck continued when we went to the youth rally. She won the door prize – a remote controlled helicopter. She wasn't sure who would be playing with it more, her or her dad.



One of the Galveston kids who just started coming this week became a believer tonight. That "officially" made the week worth it all.



Exodus 15:2 says, "The Lord is my strength and my song; he has become my salvation. He is my God, and I will praise him, my father's God, and I will exalt him."



Father, thanks for drawing Kyle to you tonight. Help him grow. Draw the rest of his family to you as well. Amen.


No comments: