Monday, June 15, 2009

June 15 – “Moving … Someday”

 

Vacation Bible School was the order of the day.  Literally all day.  Our guests from Highlands led the VBS part in the morning, and provided lunch for the kids that could stay.  Then our team took over for the afternoon session.  We had around fifteen kids.  Not bad for a Seaside first day. 

 

One of the guys from Highlands is a supervisor with Brinks Security.  He set us up to have our school building wired when the proper time comes.  He also said he'd get a guy to come out and check our existing system.  That was totally unexpected.  I hadn't even thought about security yet.  I'm still stuck on plumbers.  But we sure have a lot of sheetrock now.  I hope those young strong guys are there again tomorrow. 

 

We split up after lunch.  Chris and the girls headed for WalMart to get some groceries.  I went back to the storage garage to get some boxes of kitchen stuff.  Chris wanted to stock the kitchen before we move in.  While I was there I uncovered a dresser that didn't look too heavy.  I pulled out the drawers and muscled it into the truck.  If I could get it there before Chris got back from WalMart, it would add to her surprise.  I beat by a hair.  I got the truck unloaded just before she drove up.  And she was surprised.  She didn't make a huge fuss about the table and chairs, but she was very excited that we had been able to piece together enough furniture for Mom's bedroom.  She cleaned the dresser and bed frame we picked up Sunday.  Then she put some of that lemon oil on it.  That was about all the time she had, because she wanted to take the girls to the beach.  After they left I finished the headboard.  Then I looked at the footboard that Chris had hurriedly done before she left.  I love wood.  This was maple.  And it was crying out to me to give it another coat.  It was thirsty.  So I complied.  It made for a hurried supper, but I got it done.  I'll try to put it all together tomorrow, but it still needs some wood glue in places.  Tomorrow I also plan to recruit some of the Highlands guys to help me load the last dresser in the garage.  Chris says it is broken, but there's no reason we can't use it in our room.

 

Someone had been to the house.  There is a temporary door on the side and garage entry.  They also apparently tried to add some electricity to the garbage disposal, but that hadn't happened yet.  All the interior doors are still in the garage.  I thought they were to be hung today.  The tile guy is supposed to be there tomorrow to repair and plug and punch out his job.  We'll see.  The land line telephone guy will be here Wednesday.  No one has to be there.  It's all outside work.  The cable guy will be there Thursday between 2:00 and 5:00.  That one someone has to be there for.                                     

 

After that hurried supper we went back to the youth activity.  There were several new faces along with some of our old ones.  We got to see the pastor's wife.  She also went to HBU with us.  She was leaving as we arrived, though.  Maybe we'll get to see her again tomorrow.  Well, maybe I'll get to see her.  Chris has to take her Mom to a chemo treatment tomorrow.  She leaves at 6:15 a.m.  That means I have charge of the girls.  My job is to get them to VBS, then take them fishing in the afternoon, and end up at the youth activity by 6:30.  Maybe we can sneak in a trip to Luby's. 

 

Psalms 37:5-6 says, "Commit your way to the Lord; trust in him and he will do this: 6 He will make your righteousness shine like the dawn, the justice of your cause like the noonday sun."

 

Father, I give you my way.  I don't know where it's going, so I want to trust you to get me there.  Amen.


No comments: