Friday, June 26, 2009

June 25 – “House Guests”

 

Workers came over this afternoon to finish painting the garage.  They said they would have our exterior doors ready perhaps as soon as tomorrow.

 

Christina and the boys came over to help Chris unpack some boxes and repack some others that we will store in the attic.  We had lunch as soon as they arrived.  Sandwiches and leftover salad with chicken in it.  I had the salad.  Good stuff.  So was the chocolate chip cookie that followed.  And the one after that as well.  They didn't stay too long after we ate.  It was nap time for the boys, and Christina had to get some things done before she brought Jachin and Micah back later on to spend the night.

 

Scooter and his brother the fish came over to spend the night, too.  April's brother was in a serious car wreck last night in Corpus Christi, so she went there.  Nathan has to work a 48 hour shift, so we get to babysit all the Galveston-area  male grandkids tonight.

 

Our neighbor came over to welcome us back home.  She even brought two plants – great symbols of life.  They took the grand tour.  I think Chris gets a little prouder with every one she leads.

 

The Astros won this afternoon.  Michael Jackson died.

 

I watched the movie Inkheart.  I wanted to use a clip from it for Sunday, so thought I'd better see it first.  Interesting fantasy.  Reader who brings characters from books to life by reading out loud.  Toto.  A unicorn.  A minotaur.  A crocodile that ticks.  Flying monkeys.  Anything sound familiar?  No?  Read a book sometime.

 

Ruth 1:15-18 says, "Look," said Naomi, "your sister-in-law is going back to her people and her gods. Go back with her."

16 But Ruth replied, "Don't urge me to leave you or to turn back from you. Where you go I will go, and where you stay I will stay. Your people will be my people and your God my God. 17 Where you die I will die, and there I will be buried. May the Lord deal with me, be it ever so severely, if anything but death separates you and me." 18 When Naomi realized that Ruth was determined to go with her, she stopped urging her.

Father, it's hard to see how great a sacrifice was being made.  Thank you.  Amen.


No comments: