Tuesday, June 23, 2009

June 23 – “Elbow”

 

Once again the day started with high hopes.  All the workers who were supposed to come today … didn't make it.  The only one who did was the Amish cabinet guy, and he didn't get here until after six.  He brought us our built-in silverware drawer that they forgot last time.  And he broke the handle installing it.  Glad it was him and not me.  But speaking of breaking things, I got on a roll of handy man stuff today.  Actually, I was beginning to cramp up from sitting at my desk working on sermons and administrating and phone calling.  And on top of all that, it looks like our main computer might have crashed.  It tries to start, but after a few minutes it decides to turn itself off.  Kel thinks it may be a power source problem.  That's fine, whatever that means.  We just want to know how to get the data on it.  We have a lot of pictures in particular.  Anybody got any ideas?

 

Chris and I hung the mirror in our bathroom and installed the toilet paper dispenser and towel rack.  It was a lot easier than what Nathan and I had to do yesterday.  We decided it was because we are so incredibly in sync.  I measured all the windows for hurricane wood.  Our insurance now requires that we cover them up or we're not covered.  I also made Chris a shelf with a pole on it for the laundry room.  She wanted something to hang up clothes when she takes them out of the dryer.  While doing that one I smashed my elbow against an extra piece of Amish wood.  It still hurts all the way down to my fingers.  That'll be sore for a few days.

 

Kel came over with the boys this evening.  He checked out the computer and made his conclusion about the power source.  The boys wanted to race.  And play baseball.  And race.  And race.  I was tired just watching.  Then they challenged me.  I couldn't do anything right, though.  When I won, I was supposed to let them win.  When I lost I was going too slow.  I even competed from my chair once.  That was no good, either.  I need a nap.

 

I still feel like I have the swine flu.  Ache all over (now add the elbow to that).  Scratchy throat.  Tired.  And I remembered that I have two weddings on Saturday.  That means two rehearsals on Friday.  Plus Seaside Christian Academy board meeting Thursday.  I don't have time to be sick, but I don't feel like being well. (??)

 

1 Corinthians 10:23-24 says, "'Everything is permissible'-but not everything is beneficial. 'Everything is permissible'-but not everything is constructive. 24 Nobody should seek his own good, but the good of others."

 

Father, show me what is good for my family and for your church.  Amen.


No comments: