Monday, June 29, 2009

June 29 – “Crown Leftovers”

 

We got a call first thing this morning from our contractor.  He asked if he could put us off until next week for our chimney box.  He has some customers who really want to use their house on the Fourth of July.  I told him no problem.  He will call the tile guy about a bid on a backing for the walls behind the fireplace.  Chris decided she did not want black board back there.  He will also call the electrician and tell him to replace every light switch in the house.  He was horrified to learn that I changed one of them myself when Mom's light wouldn't come on. 

 

I spent several hours working on the sermon.  I also wrote a letter to be sent to the parents of returning Seaside Christian Academy students.

 

Tyrone came by.  He said he got back from vacation and went by the Omega Bay house and it was empty.  He was impressed at how clean it was.  I patted Chris on the back.  He had found some extra clothes and wanted to see if they were ours.  They weren't.  He's going to bring a bunch of books and even some bookcases early next week.  We had just been talking about buying some bookcases.  We decided right then to wait.  This might be another answer to a need before we knew we needed it.

 

We put up some crown molding over the cabinets in the family room.  I had to cut it four times to get it to fit.  We used some that was left over from the Amish cabinets in the kitchen.  It really helps draw the two rooms together even better.

 

I pulled some weeds in the back yard.  It's hot out there.  The guy who was supposed to fix our back door lock never showed up.  He told me it would be either Monday or Tuesday.  I told him I picked Monday.  I should have expected Tuesday.  Maybe tomorrow.

 

I straightened out the garage some.  At least enough to move the big chest in there.  It's been sitting on the front porch.  It now holds my chainsaw & skill saw cases.  Chris said I was like a little kid.  I was so excited to have a place to put stuff.

 

Tonight I went to the Seaside Christian Academy board meeting.  It was long.  They started going through the student manual.  I found out that I had been tasked to write a letter to the parents of returning students.  Imagine that.  I don't remember that.  Good thing I did it anyway.  They have had no responses concerning the headmaster position.  I'm praying they find someone soon.  I have become more and more convinced – it's not me.  I was pleased to find out that God has answered another prayer.  My secretary's husband finally got a job after several months of being without anything.

 

Jeremiah 32:17-18 says, "Ah, Sovereign Lord, you have made the heavens and the earth by your great power and outstretched arm. Nothing is too hard for you."

 

Father, thank you for being there when stuff gets overwhelming to me.  Amen.


No comments: