Friday, June 5, 2009

June 5 – “Somewhere North of Dallas”

 

This morning was kind of relaxing for me.  Josh went to work.  I started a new book called Kiss by Ted Decker and someone else, a lady I think.  I was worried that it was a romance, but Chris assured me it wasn't … really.  I'm a few chapters in, and so far it's not too bad.   I did a few crossword puzzles.  Zakary and I watched The Pirates Who Don't Do Anything."  It's about a bunch of vegetable who think they're pirates, but they don't do anything.  I confess.  I slept through pretty much all of it.  It was a cartoon, after all. 

 

We did our Pancho's run for lunch.  Have to make that trip once every time we come for old times' sake.

 

We heard from our contractor.  The plumber was at the house with him.  They were looking at the cooktop.  He asked if we could cancel the installation by Sears and let our plumber do it.  We said to go for it.  We took care of canceling.  Anything to speed up the process by a little bit.  Looks like we'll have to chisel out some wood from the vanity in the hall bathroom.  We were going to move pipes, but they are made of copper and would be next to impossible to move.  He's also going to install the icemaker.  By Monday evening we should have some serious plumbing fixtures installed.  And the contractor said again he thought we could begin to move in right after that.  They would have to work around us for the finishing touches.  I hope we don't go too much over budget and have to dip into what we have set aside to pay for the appliances and vanities and toilets.  Those bills aren't due for another four to eight months.

 

This afternoon I went with Josh to Garland to do the paperwork for a car he is buying.  It's a Kia Spectra.  Looks like a good deal.  Low mileage used car.  They have to go back Monday to pick it up, because Christi has to sign some papers.  On the way home it was rush hour, so we decided to look for a short cut.  We ended up somewhere north of Dallas.  After a few guesses on other shortcuts we ended up on a road we recognized.  It was fun to call our wives and let them know where we thought we were and how long we thought it would take to get home.  They were pretty good sports, so we stopped at Sonic and brought home supper for everyone.

 

Big day tomorrow.  Zak's birthday party.

 

Psalms 119:175-176 says, "Let me live that I may praise you, and may your laws sustain me. 176 I have strayed like a lost sheep. Seek your servant, for I have not forgotten your commands."

 

Father, that's my prayer, too.  Amen.


No comments: