Thursday, September 1, 2022

September 1 - “That officially qualifies”

With no particular place to be yesterday, we went for our walk once again. I stopped at two miles. Chris added an extra half. Back home, I got started mowing the grass. It was about a month’s worth, multiplied by an awful lot of rain. Chris went ahead and did the step walking she usually does. When I moved to the front yard, she met me at the gate with some much needed water. But then …

 

As I took the bottle from her, her eyes seemed to glaze over a little, and she was very pale. She kind of swayed like she does when she gets dizzy after she stands up too quickly. She said she didn’t feel too good - like she might throw up - so I told her to go sit down on the porch bench. She got there fine and seemed OK when I brought the water bottle over to her, so I went back to harvesting the hay crop. Strangely though, a few minutes later, Freddy joined me - in the front yard. Not supposed to happen. She came inside with me, where I found Chris sitting at the jigsaw puzzle table. I asked her about Freddy, but she had no idea. In fact, she said she didn’t even remember how she got in the house. She did remember an array of white dots slowly closing in on her from both sides. OK. That officially qualifies as “A Spell” as far as I’m concerned. I write about it today so we can have a record of what it is like.  I told her to stay in the house and get cooled down. But … she still snuck out and swept up grass after I did the edging, but only after I used the blower to get the clippings in the shade. Not sure what I’m gonna do with that girl …

 

Matthew 6:6 says, But when you pray, go into your room, close the door and pray to your Father, who is unseen. Then your Father, who sees what is done in secret, will reward you.”

 

Father, please be with Chris as she recuperates again after this latest spell. Amen.


No comments: