Tuesday, September 13, 2022

September 13 - “Thirty cents”

All that hiccuping yesterday must have really taken its toll on me. I knew it hadn’t allowed me to get in an afternoon nap. And you expend an awful lot of energy exercising your diaphragm like that. By the time they dissipated for the evening (again … for no apparent reason), I felt like I had run a marathon. I gotta say, though, I slept really well. Aside from two quick bathroom breaks, I slept all the way to 6:30. Been a long time.

 

I had a call from the oral surgeon’s office. They were just checking up on me. I asked what was the deal weigh the two days of hiccups?  She replied with a laugh, “Hiccups are to be expected.” Well, they weren’t!  They should put that on the post-op instructions.

 

We spent a long time in the morning doing some trip planning. Sort of. This one is kind of a long one, so we do need a general idea of which direction to head. Chris broke out her National Parks book and dove right in. I found a sort of up and back route, and she filled it in with all sorts of fun details as possibilities. We may or may do everything she found, and we may run across something else that looks even better. But we have the beginning of a trip here.

 

In the afternoon we made a Walmart run. Just needed fruit. When we checked out, Chris noticed that the watermelon came up thirty cents more than what was marked on the bin. We took it over to the service desk to get our money back. That didn’t happen as quickly or easily this time. The posted price just didn’t match the the one in the system. I finally went back and took a picture of the bin with my phone. She agreed to to care of it. But check out how. She refunded the entire price of the watermelon onto a gift card. Then we used the gift card to turn around and buy back the watermelon. Now we have a gift card with thirty cents on it. Not even enough for a pack of gum. Oh, well.

 

Colossians 3:23-24 says, Whatever you do, work at it with all your heart, as working for the Lord, not for human masters, since you know that you will receive an inheritance from the Lord as a reward. It is the Lord Christ you are serving.”

 

Father, thank you for the hiccup relief. And would you bless those folks who called to check on me. I appreciated that. Amen.

No comments: