Friday, September 16, 2022

September 16 - “Lollygag”

Chris took off on another walk yesterday, of course. It was my day off, though, so I stayed behind. I didn’t lollygag, though.

 

Lollygag. Now there’s a classic term. Been around at least as long as my Mom and her Mom before her. I remember hearing it as a kid. Not that I ever participated in said lollygag-Itry.

 

So … no lollygagging. While Chris was gone, I took over the housecleaning duties for Thursday home group. Sweep, dust, vacuum, clean toilets. About the only thing I missed was mopping, but I just ran out of time (she got back home). She was surprised at my efforts. So was I, actually.

 

We both were hard at work all afternoon. Chris was doing her initial pass-through of a scrapbook of our trip to the Panama Canal Zone. She is now ready to start with the actual scrapbooking step now.  That means cutting and pasting and inserting and re-inserting.  All stuff she is really good at.  I wanted to be in the same room, so I worked on the latest jigsaw puzzle. I also went over the Bible Study. The Astros started a little early, so we watched them up until the home group folks started arriving.  Good guys won again, by the way. 

 

Psalms 85:2 says, You forgave the iniquity of your people and covered all their sins.

 

Father, thank you for the folks in our home group. They are a group of really special people to us. Amen.

No comments: