Tuesday, September 6, 2022

September 6 - “What part did I play?”

We had an interesting discussion at breakfast with Noa. It started when she asked to be excused from the table. Chris, of course, said yes. Ever the devil’s advocate, however, I rather loudly proclaimed, “No”!  But she paid me no mind whatever. I couldn’t understand it. 

Noa, without breaking stride, had an immediate answer. “Nana said yes.”  

But why should she have absolute power in such realms?  “Because she made the meal. And … she made my Dad.”  

“Wait,” I replied. “Didn’t I have a part to play in that?”

And her answer, “Well, maybe a little tiny part.”

Rather tenuously, I asked the question burning on everyone’s mind … 

“And what part did I play?”

Again, without a second’s hesitation, “You kissed her and it caused a chemical reaction and then God spawnded my Dad into her stomach.”

Ah. I am duly educated. 


‭‭Matthew‬ ‭11:28-29‬ ‭says, “Come to me, all you who are weary and burdened, and I will give you rest. Take my yoke upon you and learn from me, for I am gentle and humble in heart, and you will find rest for your souls.”


Father, thanks for the perspective of little children. It is so refreshing. Amen. 

No comments: