Wednesday, September 14, 2022

September 14 - “Vascular Verification “

We were out of the house by 7:45 yesterday. That’s a.m.  I had an appointment with a vascular doc at 9 a.m.  In Angleton. That’s about an hour from Galveston. It was the only appointment I could get with this particular doc before we leave on our trip. And Chris insisted that we weren’t leaving on the trip until after I saw this doc. So, what’s so special about this one?  Well, somehow there is a chance that the pain in my hip could be related to a possible plaque buildup in my aorta. Go figure. Hence, the trip to the Angleton clinic. But, hey.  We’ve never been ones to shy away from an adventure.

 

The vascular doc was pretty impressive. Young and pregnant (not that that mattered).  She had done her homework on me and obviously knew her stuff. I have to do one test to verify blood flow to my feet (Vascular Verification), but she seemed sure that all was well vascularly.

 

On the way home we stopped at a Hobby Lobby in Lake Jackson (another not-so-massive metropolis south of Galveston). Come to find out, she had a gift card that was burning a hole in her pocket. No longer …

 

Oh. The trip? Looks like we’ll set departure date for Tuesday morning. I gave one more doc appointment on Monday afternoon. This one is with a sports orthopedic doc. She is the one who gives the steroid shots into offending joints. Ouch.

 

Proverbs 19:17 says, Whoever is kind to the poor lends to the Lord, and he will reward them for what they have done.

 

Father, thanks for the good report so far from the vascular doc. Amen.

 

No comments: