Friday, September 9, 2022

September 9 - “Reached my limit …”

We teamed up again. Sort of. I still felt pretty miserable (measly), but our yard really needed mowing. So Chris took off on her hike and I pulled out the lawn mower. The worst thing so far about this whole tooth adventure is the fact that it doesn’t really matter what I eat or drink. The tooth will flare up. That’s not helpful when you are hot and sweaty and need to drink water to stay hydrated. I got through the mowing, but the liquid aftermath was just as painful. As I said before, though, at least the tooth pain is tricking my brain into forgetting about my back and hip. 


After struggling through a very long and painful early afternoon, I decided not to attempt leading Bible Study last night. The group was really understanding and encouraging. 


Finally, around 4:15, I decided I had pretty much reached my limit. There was no way I could last a whole week with this pain and the annoyance that it brought trying to do even basic (and necessary) stuff - like eating or drinking a glass of water (a straw helped, by the way). I called the office to see if there was any other approach they could recommend to control the pain. The lady was quite kind and understanding. She had me hold on while she called and made arrangements with one of their colleagues to do the extraction this afternoon. Amazing. Now I only have to last out the rest of today. Well, plus whatever the recovery period is. 


OK enough about me. Chris has her sleep study tonight at the hospital. She will try to fall asleep for them amidst all the wires and TV cameras and such. As impossible as that sounds to me (and was proven impossible for me, by the way, back when I made the same attempt some years ago - results “inconclusive”), if anybody can pull this off, it will be Chris. After all, she is used to being all wired up while she did cardiac rehab. 


Ephesians‬ ‭5:1‬ says, “Follow God’s example, therefore, as dearly loved children”


Father, please be with Chris tonight and let her actually get some sleep. Amen. 

No comments: