Wednesday, September 7, 2022

September 7 - “Triple Yay”

I woke up around five yesterday. My hip wasn’t hurting all that much. Why? Because the toothache I have been nursing all weekend did the trick. I guess the pain from a tooth trumps that of the hip. Probably because it’s closer to the brain. I waited until a little after eight to call the dentist. Guess they were having trouble getting started the day after a holiday. The call went straight to the answering service. The lady was very nice, but I still had to wait for a call back. And they were pretty timely. By 8:30 I had an appointment for ten, and we were on the road with our walk. 


I only did two miles, since I had to get ready for the dentist. Chris kept going, though. Ever-committed, that one. I made it back home in plenty of time to shower and get dressed for … THE DENTIST CHAIR. Sounds almost as ominous as the electric chair. 


The tech who got me prepped for the dentist to make her entrance was wearing a mask. There was music playing and a lot of other racket from other rooms, so I told her I was hard of hearing. Ever the consummate hostess, she uncovered her nose. I guess it helped?


After the required x-rays and room prep, the doc finally came in. She poked and prodded, but it wasn’t until she tapped that she awoke the sleeping giant. Yep. That was the one. She completed her investigations, raised the chair back up, and said, “OK, now let’s talk.”  Never a good sign. My options were:

  1. Pull the offending tooth. 
  2. Undergo the “riskiest, most expensive” root canal in existence. 


I picked pull it. I have an appointment next Wednesday at 9 a.m., so I guess I just live with it for another week. Yay. Oh, and I have to be on antibiotics for 8 days starting tomorrow, and as of close of day, the pharmacy has not received the prescription from the dentist's office. Double yay. Oh, and no added pain medication. I’m already pretty much maxed out with what I take for my back and hip. Triple yay. 


Psalms‬ ‭119:11‬ says, “I have hidden your word in my heart that I might not sin against you.”


Father, thank you for answering services. I sure prefer talking to a real human being, especially with a toothache. And the lady was really compassionate. Bless her for that. Amen. 

No comments: