Monday, September 12, 2022

September 12 - “Hiccup”

I can honestly say I didn’t sleep much on Saturday night. Not that we were invaded by aliens or anything. Not even that I was in particular pain (any more than usual). I went to bed, did a crossword or two, and had the lights out by a little after ten. Went right to sleep. But at 2:30 I was wide awake. Just awake. I tried all the usual tricks of the trade. Prayer. More crosswords. I finally got up so I wouldn’t keep Chris awake. It sure is quiet around here in the wee hours. Not that I’m complaining. And after her usual initial burst of energy, racing through the house looking for her “friend” (AKA favorite toy), Freddy went back to sleep with ease in her rocking chair in the office. It was nice.

 

My latest malady has been a sudden onset of the hiccups. No idea why. I have a hunch it might be related to the anesthesia, though. Why not?  It’s as good a reason as any. I tried all the home remedies except maybe the scaring yourself one. I drank water, sucked on ice, held my breath. I finally tried one I’ve never tried before. Warm milk. Tasted weird, but it actually worked. Good for bedtime, I hear. But it’s morning now, and they are back. Any ideas?

 

We went to church twice. Well, church came to us. We watched Josh preach at 9, then pulled up Kel at 10 and watched Seaside. That makes us double holy, right? And I didn’t bother anyone with my incessant diaphragm spasming. 

 

After church Kel and his family came over and hung out with us for the afternoon. We pretty much spent the time watching the Astros win big and the Texans blow a 20-3 lead to end up in a tie. Gotta love our Houston teams.

 

Psalms 147:3 says, He heals the brokenhearted and binds up their wounds.”

 

Father, thank you for the early morning quiet time.  It was nice.  Amen.

 

 

 


No comments: