Sunday, September 11, 2022

September 11 - “Into the Borg”

Well, I made it through my first night, sans toothache. Hope the means “without.”  Just trying to add some European-ish spice to the report this morning. I actually didn’t have any pain or swelling that I could tell. The only complaint I had - and still have - was the stitches. The ends are hanging down into my mouth, which is quite annoying. Chris assured me they would go away on their own. We’ll see.

 

Kel left right at 6 a.m. He had to get back home to help with ferrying kids to karate classes. I told him I really appreciated him being here. We had no real idea how the whole tooth surgery aftermath would play out, so Chris was really glad he stayed.

 

Speaking of Chris. She made it through the night of wires and stickers on her head and body all connecting her to a machine at her sleep study. Apparently, she even slept for a while. Convenient, since it was a sleep study. However much she got, it was more than I did back when I had mine many years ago. She had enough rest to head out for her walk this morning. Went 3 miles and averaged 16+ minutes per mile. That’s almost running. I was always happy with about a 15 minute per mile pace when I was running long distances every day. Guess I’ve really been slowing her down. 

 

We were excited in the afternoon. Two reasons. One, Josh called to check up on us. Always fun to hear from him. Second, the mailman brought us the replacement wheel we ordered for the suitcase that was damaged. It took a bit of elbow grease, but we got the new one on. Now we’ll have to take it on a test run sometime real soon.

 

Revelation 7:9-10 says, After this I looked, and there before me was a great multitude that no one could count, from every nation, tribe, people and language, standing before the throne and before the Lamb. They were wearing white robes and were holding palm branches in their hands. And they cried out in a loud voice: “Salvation belongs to our God, who sits on the throne, and to the Lamb.’”

 

Father, thank you for that no-pain night. And thanks for being with Chris through her journey into the Borg. Star Trek fans will understand that. Amen.

No comments: