Saturday, September 3, 2022

September 3 - “Two point five”

We were feeling a little adventurous yesterday. Well, it was an adventure for me. We went the extra half-mile on our walking course. Two point five. My hip barked at me the whole way, but I stuck it out. And of course Chris did her steps when we got back. She didn’t pass out or anything, either. At least our little Lassie didn’t come get me to rescue her. 


We had to make a Walmart run in the afternoon. No more milk in the house, and Chris had a whole list besides that. And for the first time since I can remember, we got every item on her list. That’s a win, I guess. 


While we were in Walmart, I got a text from Randall’s. Well, from the pharmacy, actually. Chris’ prescription was ready to pick up. And they were able to get her two month’s worth, since we plan to be out of town for a few weeks. Of course we had to pay for it. She’s in that Medicare medication gap where we have to pay big bucks until we get out of it. I guess I’d better check my meds, too. Ah. More joys of aging. 


Philippians‬ ‭4:9 says, “Whatever you have learned or received or heard from me, or seen in me—put it into practice. And the God of peace will be with you.”


Father, thank you for working out that Chris could get her meds for two months. Amen. 

No comments: