Wednesday, August 31, 2022

August 31 - “Congrats to Mark Morgan, Sr. on his retirement”

Chris left the house first yesterday. Nothing major. Just a dentist appointment for a cleaning. I was doing some preliminary work on a wedding I have coming up in the future (next year). I also attacked some tree limbs in the front yard that have been growing dangerously close to the car and to another tree. It is hurricane season, so you can never be too careful with trees. The ground was too wet to even attempt mowing. That’s gonna be a hefty chore when the time comes.

 

In the afternoon I went over to fire station one to celebrate the retirement of one of our assistant chiefs. It was good seeing Mark feted for his years of service. And of course it was good as always seeing a lot of the fire fighters. I really enjoyed seeing Trish, the former department secretary who retired just before I did. 

 

Last night Chris and I actually just chilled on the couch and watched the Astros. Well, I also worked on the jigsaw puzzle and Chris read a book all at the same time. It was good to just hang out together with nothing pressing.

 

Hebrews 13:8 says, Jesus Christ is the same yesterday and today and forever.

 

Father, thanks for that relaxing time of just crashing. We both needed it. Amen.

No comments: