Wednesday, August 17, 2022

August 17 - “You sure are!”

The day started with us trying to get back into the swing of things. You know - usual routines and the like. Chris was excited when she woke up and found me at my desk wearing a tank top. “You’re dressed to go walk!” she exclaimed. “Nah,” I countered. “I’m just hot.”  To which she replied, “you sure are!”  Hmm guess it was the bare shoulders showing off my ripped musculature. We did do a two-miler. Gotta say, though … it was sure, well, hot. Those hikes in Colorado at 8:30 a.m. were much cooler.

 

Chris went on into the backyard to do her stairs and weights. I cooled off a bit, then I went to my garage workshop to work on the gift I carved for Chris’ birthday. It’s an odd one this time. No critters involved. It’s actually just a slender piece of wood carved with some rounder edges. Its purpose is to help you hold the book open while you read. No idea if it works or not, but at least it wins the Unusual Award.

 

Psalms 68:19 says, Praise be to the Lord, to God our Savior, who daily bears our burdens.

 

Father, thank you for a day to crash and lounge about the house. Well, if you don’t count working on the Thursday Bible Study or addressing birthday cards. It was a good day.  Amen.

No comments: