Friday, August 26, 2022

August 26 - “Motion is Lotion”

We were back at the grind yesterday. On the hiking trail. Well, at least the neighborhood streets trail. And we added a half mile to the total. Two and a half miles now. As my doctor so specifically pointed out, “Motion is lotion.”  Cute, Doc.

 

Speaking of the doc, I got a text from the system saying I had been referred to Orthopedic Surgery and needed to call and set up an appointment. Wait. I thought the referral was to a sports medicine doc. A bit of a leap there, isn’t it?  I sent him a message to see what was up.

 

Meanwhile, Chris checked with April to get her take on the best orthopedic person. She had an immediate answer. I called the number from the original text. Come to find out, the one my doc referred me to only takes patients up to 50 years old. Nope. But as it turned out, the guy April recommended was taking old people, as long as I could come to his Galveston office. What a “coincidence”! I’m in. The appointment is September 1.  Score. Way to go, April.

 

Proverbs 12:25 says, Anxiety weighs down the heart, but a kind word cheers it up.

 

Father, thank you for these medical system “coincidences.”  Amen.

No comments: