Sunday, August 21, 2022

August 2 - “First interception”

I trudged my way through a two-miler with Chris yesterday. My hip held out ok. It just felt really heavy the farther we went. We did get our average mile split time down below 18 minutes, though, so there’s that. We both have doc appointments next week. Chris has one with her cardiologist on Monday. Mine is on Wednesday with my PCP. I’m supposed to come clean about my hip issues.

 

After lunch Chris declared that she was going to Walmart. Invited me to join her, so I jumped at the chance. The goal was some bananas. Of course that was code for a basketful of other stuff, too. It was fun taking the stroll with her, though. Plenty of people to watch.

 

Back home, I was scrolling through Amazon trying to find a replacement wheel for the suitcase that was damaged when Jachin flew to Boston. And mid-scroll, what should appear on the front porch but the replacement suitcase from Swiss Gear. It was still under the five-year warranty. If we can get this replacement to fit even somewhat, we will have dual suitcases for our future journeys.

 

Oh, and we got word that Grandson Zak garnered his first interception in his football game. Grabbed it with one hand and smothered it against his shoulder pad. Nice job, Zak.

 

Matthew 22:37-39 says, Jesus replied: Love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your mind. This is the first and greatest commandment. And the second is like it: ‘Love your neighbor as yourself.’”

 

Father, please protect Zak on the football field. And help him have fun. Amen.

No comments: