Thursday, August 25, 2022

August 25 - “On x-rays and meds and steroid injections”

Once again, I woke up to a pretty hard downpour. The kind that you can hear on the roof. It stopped long enough for me to go out and get the paper and still be dry when I came back inside. It’s been a while since we have been in this tropical rainy season. I’d rather get the rain this way than all at once in a hurricane, though.

 

We spent some time together in front of the computer yesterday. Chris is working on a scrapbook of our trip to the Panama Canal, so I helped her move the photos she selected into a separate file to be sent off to make prints. CVS or Walgreens or somewhere is having a half-off sale. When you have a gazillion photos, that’s the only way to go.

 

Yesterday was my day to go to the doctor. The last few days my back has been wreaking havoc on me pain wise. Not why I was going, though. This time the focus was supposed to be the pain in my hip. The doc ordered an x-ray, which we expected. His thoughts were moving in the direction of arthritis, and the x-ray was the first step in verifying that. Preliminary results were that I have osteoarthritis in that joint. No big surprise there. The doc prescribed some stronger meds and referred me to a sports medicine doc who gives the steroid injections. Ouch.

 

We stopped at Academy on the way home. Chris needed some long-sleeved shirts for our trip to the Northeast. I got another silicone wedding ring. Got it a size smaller than before, so maybe I won’t lose this one. I’m afraid this having to propose to Chris over and over again is pressing my luck.

 

Psalms 94:19 says, When anxiety was great within me, your consolation brought me joy.”

 

Father, I admit that this pain that never really goes away does cause me anxiety. I could use a taste of your joy. Amen.

 

No comments: