Thursday, August 18, 2022

August 18 - “Searching for the un-missable”

This was an interesting day. We didn’t go anywhere. Well, Chris went for her walk. My hip woke me up aching, so I stayed home this time. I gave her the birthday present I carved. She was mystified. Even after I explained it’s potential usage to her. She came up with yet another idea for it, though, so I guess it was all good.

 

The rest of the day, off and on, we spent roughly scoping out possible routes for our next journey. Scheduled for mid-September, this one looks like an excursion to the Northeast to see some leaves change color. And of course there are a myriad of national park stops between here and there. Who knows which stops we will actually make and what other un-missable attractions we may stumble across on the way.

 

Did I mention that my birthday present came the day before?  Sno cone making machine. Pretty awesome toy, to be sure. Now I can make my own cherry limeade slushes. Well, if I can figure out a recipe.

 

Around 4 pm I headed out to get my hair cut. One of us had to leave the house, I guess. But when I got back, Chris was back at the table, hard at work on her research for a trip to the Northeast (and points in between).  She finally reached a stopping point, and we grabbed a bite to eat from what we had available in the fridge. And after dinner … Sno-cones. I need to find a local source for these syrups, though. I know I already have a favorite - lemon-lime. And Chris jumped all over the cherry. Happy birthday to us.

 

2 Peter 1:3 says, His divine power has given us everything we need for a godly life through our knowledge of him who called us by his own glory and goodness.”

 

Father, thank you for our simple tastes (lemon-lime … yum … oh, different kind of taste).  Amen.

No comments: