Thursday, January 6, 2022

January 6 – “De-Christmas-izing … check”

I was up and at ‘em at 5:30 yesterday, and as is my custom, after my quiet time and blog post, started in on work right away.  It has always been amazing to me how much I can get done in those early morning hours.

 

Chris had cardiac rehab at 9:30, so while she was there, I went for a walk for my own rehab.  I made it two miles.  What am I attempting to rehab, you may ask?  I don’t know … maybe my brain?

 

We finished de-Christmas-izing.  While Chris was at rehab (and after my walk), I took down all the outside lights.  Once she got back, we attacked the task with a vengeance.  I had a meeting scheduled here last night, so Chris was very motivated to clear everything out.  Once we got all the ornaments off of the tree, she worked on boxing them up while I untwisted and pulled off the tree lights.  Then it was pull the fake tree apart and cram it into its box.  Then I had to tie the box shut with sone rope we appropriated just for that purpose (after many years of duct tape).  And finally we reached that dreaded final step … getting all the boxes back up into the attic. 

 

I shimmied up that ladder like a ten-year-old climbing a tree … the first time.  Subsequent climbs were, shall we say, less than shimmy and more and more weary.  It took me a while to get my bearings and get a handle on where I could put everything.  I even moved around some stuff before we ever started the actual loading.  Once we were ready, I didn’t feel comfortable with Chris kind of walking the boxes up the ladder to me, as we have done in the past.  She did a few that way, but I couldn’t stand it.  So I came back down and pushed them up myself, in front of me on the ladder, one at a time.  All that to say … I was pretty sure I’d be sore.  And, not to disappoint, I was … “uncomfortable” last night trying to get to sleep.  I’m still sore this morning, but it’s not as bad as I anticipated. 

 

Now, if I can just get this computer to cooperate …

 

Isaiah 60:1 says, “Arise, shine, for your light has come, and the glory of the Lord rises upon you.”

 

Father, thank you for the time Chris and I had together taking down the Christmas stuff.  Always enjoy hanging out with her.  You did good in that one.  Amen.

No comments: