Thursday, January 20, 2022

January 20 – “Don’t call us, we’ll call you”

I made it through two miles around the neighborhood with Chris.  She was off from rehab until this morning.  I am nursing a bit of a sore foot right now.  Yes, I said foot, not ankle.  I think I may have rolled it over somehow.  It that possible with a foot?  Or more likely, it’s some kind of arthritis flare-up.  I did alter my gait somewhat on the walk.  This smart watch Chris got me is way too smart for my own good.  It shows when I limp.  Can’t hide it any more when Chris isn’t looking …

 

We too some time yesterday to do more trip planning for our Western jaunt.  Seems we have to get to the Arches National Park before a certain date, because they are changing all the entrance requirements for the summer season.  Other than that, we can actually take our time and enjoy the state of Utah.  My personal goals?  Set eyes on the Mormon Temple and touch the waters of the Great Salt Lake.  All else will be gravy. 

 

I went with Chris to her doctor’s appointment.  This one was with her electro-cardiologist.  It’s a new guy.  The other doc departed the scene.  I liked this fellow.  He has a kindness about him that is endearing.  He also pulled his mask down to talk to us, so we could see his face.  Always a plus for me, since I depend a lot of reading lips.  He has a nice smile, too.  Other than meeting this guy, the appointment was another step in determining if she needs a pacemaker.  Well … all is well.  The loop recorder implant is doing its job, and no events have occurred that indicate danger, even when she has one of her “spells” of dizziness or shortness of breath.  It was one of those “don’t call us, we’ll call you” things.  Of course, that means the symptoms she is having are caused by something else.  Great …

 

Oh, and we got word that Josh finished his oral exams for his doctor of ministry degree.  All that remains is writing the dissertation. 

 

1 Corinthians 10:13 says, “No temptation has overtaken you except what is common to man.  And God is faithful; he will not let you be tempted beyond what you can bear.  But when you are tempted, he will also provide a way out so that you can endure it.”

 

Father, please be with Josh as he works to complete this degree.  He has been working toward it for a long time.  Amen.

No comments: