Wednesday, January 26, 2022

January 26 – “It’s getting real”

I once again dove into the sermon prep work while Chris made her way to cardiac rehab.  Check off one more day of that rehab.  She should be finished with her 36 sessions sometime in March.  Just in time for our anticipated trip west.  Hang in there.

 

After the exercise, she came home briefly, then headed over to get her a haircut.  That’s always a high point of the day for me.  Well, I mean when I can get a haircut, not when she gets one.  Other than the fact that she is pleased.  And everybody knows … when Momma is happy, everybody is happy.

 

While she relaxed in the barber chair (excuse me.  In the stylist’s chair), I worked on getting our income tax data in order to send out to our accountant.  Numbers.  Numbers.  Numbers.  It’s dizzying.  I think I have almost everything.  Waiting for one more report from the bank. 

 

Our afternoon was spent in manual labor.  We went up to the church and packed up no less than twelve boxes of my books to bring home.  Of course, that made just a small dent in the vast array of tomes on the shelf.  Now we have a different problem.  I estimate that there will be in the neighborhood of 20 more boxes of books.  We have to find a place for them while we are searching for a solution to our bookcase shortage inside the house.  Right now, the best plan seems to be one Chris came up with.  We are heading to Home Depot to get one of those metal storage shelves.  We’ll set it up in the garage and pile the book boxes on it.  Not sure they will all fit, and really not sure where to pile boxes next if they don’t.  But, hey … it’s getting real, folks.

 

1 Timothy 6:12 says, “Fight the good fight of the faith.  Take hold of the eternal life to which you were called when you made your good confession in the presence of many witnesses.”

 

Father, please continue walking with us in our retirement journey, especially this week.  Lots to do.  Amen.

No comments: